The key to any successful social media strategy is in sharing good, relevant content.
This should be a combination of your own original content, either via images that you create or capture or through a blog, article, infographic or video. This will help to spread the message about what you do and also position you as a professional in your field. It can also help to push traffic to your website, blog, gallery or wherever you are keen for people to ‘land’.
Alongside this you should be regularly sharing the content of others. Social media relies on and is designed for sharing. By spreading the message of others you are helping to facilitate this and engaging on that platform. This should be a selfless act of sharing content that you find interesting and hope your fans/followers will find relevant. In turn others will share your content though and help to spread your message.
You should not be afraid or precious about sharing your content or others sharing it for you. This is what social media is all about. The days of controlling a message and being afraid of it getting into the ‘wrong hands’ are long gone. If you want to be successful in social media and use it to market yourself or your business you need to embrace this new way of thinking and working.
- Melanie on Why you need a Content Strategy to make Social Media work
- Keith Osborn on Why you need a Content Strategy to make Social Media work
- Why you need a Content Strategy to make Social Media work - Social Monkey on Social Media Workshops
- Social Networking - Why Face-to-Face is still important on Norfolk Tweetup
- Melanie on Norfolk Tweetup